Sunday, February 8, 2009

Penny on the Train Track











Today is Sunday.




Yesterday was Saturday.








My story, however, begins before these two days.








You see, it was Thursday, when I went out to Stamford to dinner with one of the previous nannies. Her name is Jennifer and she is also from Utah. She nannied for the Hymowitz two years prior to my current time, so she wanted to check up on me to see how I am doing. We went to a little peruvian restrarunt called Fiesta. It was so nice to just sit and talk to someone about what is going on and have them put in their imput from personal experience. The evening was just so much fun. Jen is great and I hope to hang out with her more.




I also met with my bishop that night to get a new temple recommend. He seems like a really cool guy. We talked for a while, got my recommend, then headed to meet Jen. I am starting to like my ward more and more, which is good because that means I am becoming more comfortable.




So Friday, Kayla had iceskating and Maddie wanted to ice skate there while she had her lessons. I was like, sure, why not. After I said yes though, I started freaking out because I am not the biggest fan of standing on two blades balancing while trying to move on frozen water. So I was mentally freaking out while we were headed there. When we got there, we dropped off Kay and Nicole to the big rink, then the mongoose and I went to the kiddie rink. I was actually quite comfortable on the ice. Maddie did a great job skating, so we then joined the girls on the big rink. We all traded holding hands with Mads, but when I was by myself in the back, I lost my balance. Not the best thing for me. I screamed, loudly, and fell on my back. It didn't hurt, but I saw three staff men come to my aid asking, "Are you alright? Do you need help? Blah, blah, blah?" and I was just thinking, I am alright I didn't get hurt. It was hilarious really. I was just saying "I'm ok, I'm ok," while trying to get back up. Classic moment for me.








That sums up Friday








Saturday, I went on a temple trip with my ward. I met up with an adorable girl on the train, named Kelly, and we rode our way into Grand Central. Kelly is just great. We get along so well, and we are assigned to do everything together. It is hilarious really and we are just so lucky to get along. We got off the train, went on the subway to 72nd, then walked to Lincoln Center to the temple. That is such a neat temple. I is so weird to think of how compact it is in a little building, where I am used to a temple having grounds and lots of room. We did conformations and baptisms, then out to lunch at the next door Europan. I got a delicious veggie burger and discussed Yogi Tea with a fellow ward mate. Great times.




Kelly and I then went to Times Square to meet up with her sister and Debbie. We met them at Anthropologie at Rockefeller, enjoyed some time there, then I was off to home to let the dogs out. I later on picked up Kelly at the trainstation and we went to Stop and Shop to buy food for church the next day. We bought twenty packages of deli meat, four bags of chips, seventy-two mini sub sandwiches, and three cake mixes. We went all out. I proceeded to drive her home, then made a cake in a heart shaped pan. Divine. Ashlee, Jake, Marz, and other misc. Lloyds and I talked for five hours, which ended with me going to sleep at three in the morn. Great day and great night.








Today went well. The munch and mingle was a huge hit. Everyone had a blast and enjoyed the food. I was set apart and I am excited for my calling. It is going to be a great experience. Overall, I spent six hours at the church, and I am now just sitting in my bed, falling asleep. I hope this blog isn't too boring. I mean, I wrote most of it with my eyes closed--Literally. I hope everyone is doing well. I will write a better blog sooner than later. Love and miss you all.




Cheers.




Ch.Wa.

1 comment:

Laundry said...

I wanna go to times square :( lucky duck. lol :)