Saturday, February 13, 2010

Both Sides Now

Guess who is sick again.
I will give you a hint. It's me.

Give up? Well, it is me that is sick. Oh joy, right?

I started feeling all weird on Friday. That weird "calm before the storm" type-thing. It was in the morning a bit, and a little more in the afternoon, but I just shook it off like it was no big deal.

I went to 4-H, and we were frosting cookies with me sitting closest to the frosting. I could not stand the smell worth anything. I just felt all nauseated and nasty, but I still played it off. Jess and I had been planning on getting Chinese food for the whole week, so I thought, "Hey, Chinese food isn't nauseating at all so I might as well risk it." When Jess and I eat, though, it is like we are going to die in a few hours, so we might as well eat all that we can. So we ordered a TON of food, the most noted thing being 20 crab ragoons. So we settled in, got our food, and started Harry Potter. So what was supposed to be a kick-butt evening turned quite sour in my gut. I wanted to get comfy, so I told Jess I was going home to get my jams on. She was fine with that, so I left to go home.

Driving home, I kept thinking "I feel like I want to throw up." I blamed it on the amount of food I ate--which could have fed a small village in Africa. I kept shaking it off, got gas, changed, and left for Layton. When I was at the street to turn to Jess', I had to call her to say that I needed to go home cause I felt sick. I think pulled over to almost hurl. Probably one of my classiest moments yet in my life. I drove home, sat on the floor, and felt dizzy to the 10th degree. Everything was spinning, I couldn't sit up, and my tum hated me.

To skip the gory details, I did accomplish what I felt like I was going to do all day. So here I am, on a Saturday, lounging/sleeping/eating a bit/nauseated/feeling well/nauseated once again/etc. It is quite frustrating to be sick once again, after a long couple weeks prior to this. Oh well, maybe it is my body just trying to cleanse itself or being pushed to its edge with stress. Interesting thought.

It hasn't been that bad of a couple weeks though. I felt better for a tiny bit, worked, worked, and worked once again. There were nights with good friends, temple visits, and a "trip" to Provo to see the BFFs. Plus, I got to get some quality Lord of the Rings time in, which is always a good thing for me.

Big moment of my life though:
While watching (more like trying to watch) the opening ceremonies for the Olympics, my favorite song was played. Yes, that song is by the beloved Joni Mitchell that is titled Both Sides Now. I almost cried while watching the performance that was set to her voice. This song is pure bliss to me. I listen to it at least once a day, and its words are embedded in my mind. So to hear that song last night played at union of many nations in the name of sports made my sick--quite literally--night.

All is well though. I will hopefully be better soon. Maybe I will even write a more fun post, eh?

Apparently, I am Canadian now.
Cheers.
Ch.Wa.

No comments: