Sunday, March 24, 2013

Joyful Girl

I do it for the joy it brings
Because I'm a joyful girl
Because the world owes me nothing
And we owe each other the world
I do it because it's the least I can do
I do it because I learned it from you
I do it just because I want to
Because I want to

Everything I do is judged
And they mostly get it wrong
But oh well
'Cuz the bathroom mirror has not budged
And the woman who lives there can tell
The truth from the stuff that they say
And she looks me in the eye
And says would you prefer the easy way?
No, well o.k. then
Don't cry

And I wonder if everything I do
I do instead
Of something I want to do more
The question fills my head
I know that there's no grand plan here
This is just the way it goes
And when everything else seems unclear
I guess at least I know

I do it for the joy it brings... 

 I absolutely love this song. Ani DiFranco wrote this song about her mother. When you read the lyrics, you can most definitely tell the kind of woman she was and how well she raised her daughter to see the beauty of the world and to look at the world as a whole   This song always reminds me of my most favorite person. Their birthday is this week, so I wanted to give a shout out to her. This person is the most beautiful person in the entire world. This person is my sister.

  I am so lucky to have Ang as my sister. Even though we have an age difference between us, the years have brought us closer and closer. She really is the most incredible person I know. When I think of Ang, I feel a complete love for her. I feel no jealousy of her because I know that she is teaching me a wonderful path to persue.   We have some great memories: reading Scary Stories to Read in the Dark, having her lock me out of my room to play with my barbies (mind you, she was fifteen when she did this), going to Europe together and all of the...bonding time we had. Probably my favorite story about the trip was she was taking all the money that our mom was sending us so she could buy clothes. I pretty much starved on that trip because we did not buy any food. We also fought a lot. Still, it is one of my favorite memories spending that time together. 

 If you know Ang, you know that she has so many great qualities. She is driven, caring, and always there for anyone. She has helped me through hell and back. She makes me want to be a better person. I just can't even describe how much I love her. My heart feels full and I can't help but smile when I think of her.

  Ang, I love you so much. You are always there for me and I am eternally grateful for that. You have taught me how to be a better person and to strive to better myself each day. Like Ani says, I do it for the joy it brings, because I'm a joyful girl/I do it because it's the least I can do...I do it because I learned it from you. I know you will always be there for me and I hope you know that I will always return the favor and be there for you. You are going to be an excellent mother and I am so excited to see this new chapter in your life. You will never know how much you mean to me. Happy Birthday to the greatest person ever.    














  Cheers Ch.Wa

1 comment:

Meg said...

Lucky girls to have each other.
What a tribute to Ang.
I loved all the pictures of you and Ang and the family.
So glad I get to see you both for many MANY more birthday!
love you Chels (and love you to bday girl)