Thursday, January 12, 2012

Afternoon Delight

I love my car. She is great. She takes me everywhere and we always have a great time together.

However.

She is not registered right now. She is a fugitive in her own land. We are on the run together, illegally and trying to hid from the pigs. But, as in the words of Tom Petty, I feel like that "You don't have to live like a refugee." So we are working on getting her legal once again.

Two days ago, though, I was on the freeway, feeling the rebellion of our forbidden love. While driving, I saw a silver Volvo that looked like my aunt's. Looking closer at it, I noticed an Essential Preparedness Products. It was then I knew it was my aunt Jenny and I HAD to get her attention. So I got into the carpool lane and drove right up by her until she noticed me. It took awhile, though, so I was stuck in the carpool lane.

Well, a little trooper decided to come into that lane behind me. I was thinking (dude, you can't be in the carpool lane. You are driving solo.) I was also driving solo, but I feel like while having the Holy Ghost with me at all times, I feel that I have my 2 plus riders. So I got out of the lane, he did too, and WEE-WOO-WEE-WOO the lights went on. Great. He got into my window and we chit chatted about my car and how she is going to get fixed. I sweet talked him enough to get a warning. SWEET!

Next day:
Driving up in the good ol' North Ogden. I am driving way under the speed limit and then it happens...WEE-WOO-WEE-WOO. Oh no. I pull over, knowing what it is about. The officer comes in the window and then I notice that it is the notorious Officer Childs. Now, Childs NEVER lets you out of a ticket. Never. So I still try to sweet talk him and BAM! I get a ticket.

Whatever. It won't count on points. Plus, I can probably fight it.

LATER THAT NIGHT:
Driving through Bountiful with a friend, when all of the sudden, a car comes up behind me. I am thinking all "oh hey, this guy is just riding my butt being a jerk," when all of the sudden WEE-WOO-WEE-WOO.

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

I start talking to him, saying that I know what is going on and that I already received a citation. Well, he starts saying, "Well, you are still driving on the road. I mean, you shouldn't be on and blah, blah, blah." Then he starts questioning me making sure that the car is actually under my dad's name. He would not stop. It was horrible. So he went back to his car and BAM! he writes me up. I was livid. Composure was not holding me. I almost flipped out at him. It was horrible.

So I had an angry dance/cry/scream then went to bed. Today, I dropped my car off to trade with my mom (Again, I have the best mom ever. You all can start hating now.) So I super cleaned my girl up, took her to the wash, the works. I get into the parking lot to trade with the mother and I locked the keys in the car.

Seriously?!

Well, I am not freaking out at this point. I always have a spare with me. Uh, yeah, the spare was missing. So I drove home to see if we had one; yeah, we didn't. So yeah, great day with my babe.

So there you go, kiddies. Lesson learned here. Always make sure you have your registration up to date. Now I am off to go to the blessed land of Provo to have my interview for EFY. Woof. Hopefully I don't ruin those kiddies during the summer.

End of rants.

I'm Ron Burgandy. You stay classy, San Diego.

Cheers.
Ch.Wa.

1 comment:

Lizbeth said...

hahahaha! And i thought I had bad luck! That is straight up insane in the membrane girl!