Friday, August 12, 2011

Diners.

I miss them.


No, but seriously, I have been missing diners since I moved home a couple years ago. I remembered their lost presence today while I was driving home from Smiths. I was thinking "Oh hey, Chelsea, you really haven't eaten today. Maybe you should find some food." I really didn't want to UNTIL I thought about pancakes. My thought process is just so amazingly out of whack sometimes that I just like to see what will come up next in my thinking.

Back to pancakes. So I was just thinking there is no place I can get some pancakes this late (There probably was. These places will be addressed shortly.) I mean, it is nine thirtyish! People are all old here and fall asleep at six in the evening! Then I thought about the one time that Stephanie and I went to Village Inn after seeing the ABBA Tribute Band and we stayed there until one in the morn'. Thinking about that late timing mixed with Stephanie made me think of going to diners all the time while I was back east. I mean, they always make the best pie, they are always open, and it is just a great place. So now I want to go to a diner.

Pancakes are a second choice.

And naps at six o' clock are in a tie with pancakes.

Catnap.

Cheers
Ch.Wa.

No comments: