Thursday, August 11, 2011

Work/Job/Occupation/Wildest Dreams Come True?

So I have been M.I.A for awhile.






...



Awhile means over two months. We all knew this was coming, though. I mean, how often do I consecutively blog in weeks times? Uh, never. So all of you stop whining and just feel blessed to be able to read about my life once again.



Ok, so I have been doing some deep, deep, deep thinking about this and the thinking is that there are going to be TWO different updates on my life.




Please keep on shedding those tears of happiness. I am sure you all will write a journal entry that goes as follows:




"Dear Journal.




Today the BEST thing happened to me. Chelsea Waterfall is going to write soooo many posts on her blog now. I was just trying to figure out why I have been feeling like there is a huge void in my life. After reading her news, the hole was filled right up! This is pretty much in the top five greatest moments in my life! Oh I am just so grateful that she writes now!




Oh, and Tommy was totally hitting on Meagan. Poor kid has no chance."







Ok, I really hope and pray that none of you have journals that talk about the sad pursuing of Tommy with Meagan. Oh, and also that you don't write things like that at all. BUT I do try to cater to all, so if that be the case, then I am glad that I am in your top five greatest moments.




So I guess I will start with the nitty-gritty post first. This one is what I would like to call "Trabajor" because I sometimes speak Spanish. For the English speakers of the world, just take a gander at the post title. Yes, I am going to talk about work.



***I just want to let everyone know right now that while I was writing this last night (ie 13 hrs ago) a freak spider ran across the desk. This led to me freaking out and running to my room. I am amazed that I am back in here. We all know, though, that I have a hard time living without technology--email and facebook--so you all lucked out.



Work has been good. I did both the manager job at the group home and a 4H summer camp. Let's start with the shortest update one.



So the group home situation is good. I have survived two months. Ok, I guess "survived" sounds like it has been HORRIBLE but let's be real here; there were a few days that I survived. 85 percent of the time has been pretty great. There are still a few boogers here that try to drive me nuts, but I just ignore them and tell them that they are being reported. That really will shut anyone up. But really, in the past couple months I have dealt with really anything that you can imagine. I am not kidding when I say that. I really hope that if I ever get pulled over in the Bountiful area that it will be by one of the police that have come over. We will have a good laugh about past times and I won't get a ticket. That won't happen, but it is great to imagine.


But really, the job is great. I honestly amaze myself with what I am doing. EXCEPT when I am tired and I am woken up. All of us have learned that is not a fun moment.


Oh, and I finally got furniture in my place. That means that I don't sleep in the kitchen anymore. Pros and Cons with that.


So honestly, I have a mind fog and I really can't think about what to update with that job. Oh, except one of the best moments have been driving someone up to the C.R.U while singing at the top of our lungs "Livin' on a Prayer" that was just a great, great moment. That will go under my top fifteen in my journal entry. Tommy will be left out of it, though.


Now on to 4H. Let's get this straight. I completely adore 4H and my junior high kids from the school year, so I was a bit hesitant to entertain K-12 age. Uh, they are pretty fun too.


We will start with the Hermanos. The Hermanos came into program the first week. Since I pretend that I am a Spanish wiz, I just called them hermanos. Little did they know that that is an actual word, not a cool nickname. Good job on that one Tony. Tony was the oldest and Alec was the latter. Alec and I became BEST FRIENDS right off the bat. This happened by us mispronouncing each other names, then run a farther distance to shout it at each other. Bizarre, I know, but magical. We just goofed off and had a blast. Oh, and the poor kid accidentally felt up three of the girls while playing games. He was so embarrassed but seriously, it was hilarious. And I was one of the victims with a stick while playing a game. Hilarious.


Next we have Mr. Connor Eric. Connor is six. He is a red head. That automatically makes him my favorite. Connor had a thing with the swing. He always wanted to be on it and he always wanted me to push him. Now I half-arsed some underdogs to him because it is impossible for me to push someone well. Well, he still loved it. So while I was trying to prepare snack or get lessons ready, I would hear a little scream...


"MISS CHELSEA! UNDERDOG?!"


Sadly, I wouldn't obliged to his wantings. Still, the kid loved me. Also, once we were making rockets out of PVC pipes and we had to use some heavy duty glue. We told all of them not to sniff it and we thought we monitored it well.


We didn't.


You see, Connor had a hay day with the glue. At the end of the rockets and me finding him sniffing them, he was as high as a kite. At one point, he was swinging on a pole and saying that he was "climbing it like beaver because they climb trees." After this information was told to me, I made sure I was by his side to hear what he said. He also said "Miss Chelsea, the trees are talking to me." I inquired more about this tree talking by asking him what they are saying. He just looked at me and said, "I don't know I don't speak tree! They sound like BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"


We also had a mascot. He is the scariest stuffed animal that I own. He is a beaver and his name is Bart. Well EVERYONE loved Bart. They wanted to carry him around, push him on the swings, get him snack (bark chips, of course) and just hold him. Connor's sister was one day walking around with Bart in one arm and she said to me, "See, Miss Chelsea? You can hold a baby like this and talk on your cell phone." Uh, yeah, I won't be trusting you with any babies after that display of affection.


We did a ton of fun activities:



  • A circus week which led to face painting, making hula hoops, and a horrible skit that the kids made up

  • Science week where we made some sweet bubbles and of course, the water rockets

  • An Archeology week where we made fossils, did "digs" and make up some crazy dinosaurs

  • Some craft week where we made sweet buttons, duct tape stuff, and other things (I was sick that week so I have no clue what they did.)

And some other things. The most important thing I learned from club is that I cannot play tag or any game where there is risk of getting attacked by anyone. You see, I don't run or attack anyone. I just stand there and scream. I never knew I screamed that much, but seriously, I am terrified when people run towards me and try to get me out. So, as teachers, we decided that if there is a zombie Apocalypse, I am one of the first to die because I won't do anything but cry. So much hope in my future when it deals with Apocalypse.


Speaking of staff, I worked with amazing girls. We had so much fun and clicked so well. You may ask how well we clicked. I will tell you: We clicked so well that we would even hang out after work. Amazing, right? Seriously, summer camp was awesome. I am going to miss those Hermanos (aka only Alec).


Oh, and it is terrible when all the kids team up against you and soak you. I felt-and probably looked-like a wet cat and almost cried. Those little boogers....


**right now, two of the girls and singing some freak song about integrity. I am ready to leave for the day


That is my cue to go. I should be more creative than this, but frankly, I am quite sleepy.


I almost quoted the Beatles.


I should work on the next post so I can stuff you all full of blog posts before my next hibernation from this.


Ok, bye.


Cheers.


Ch.Wa.









No comments: