Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So I am doing much better at updating than I thought I was. Way to go, champ.


Yesterday at work, I found out that one of the fridges was disgusting. Not just "ew, this is gross" but "Oh my gosh, I want to die because of the pungent smell and rotten food spilled everywhere." So my awesome manager skills came out and I pawned it off to three girls. One was completely willing; the other two...well, not so much. So I did what any person would do.

I bribed them with ice cream.

First off, I would pretty much do anything for ice cream. In fact, I think the majority of people (at least 83% of the population) would do anything for ice cream. It is just a great thing. Unless you are lactose intolerant. Then it is just sorbet for you.

They totally jumped on that bandwagon. I even jumped on that wagon. I am a very convincing person, apparently.

So the cleaning started. Two of us almost threw up. It was the grossest thing I have every seen. Well, maybe not the grossest thing, but it was pretty gross. Like an eight out of ten. The stench was incredibly strong. I think an animal might have even died in there. The more crap we got out of it, though, the better is was going. I mean, we were laughing and just acting like immigrants (potato famine type, of course).

I was then time to wash all the shelves. We were washing and carrying on until

CRAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, the biggest shelf in the fridge broke. Not just broken into two, but it broke into a million little pieces. Glass was flying everywhere. I even found a shard of it in my hair later on that night. After that happened I yelled at everyone to evacuate and put on real shoes. I scuttled my way out of the wreckage and went to get shoes. Of course, I was too lazy to put on lace ups. So what shoes did I choose?

My teal suede cowboy boots, of course.

We all went into the wreckage prepared this time for it. Being the adult I am (mind you, everyone is older than I am in the kitchen by at least two years) I told them not to touch the glass and I picked it up off the stove. I did this by getting one of the brooms and sweeping it off. We also got the Ghostbusters vacuum out to clear the area. Pretty much the floor is safe for others.

Once again, I saved the day.

Cheers.

Ch.Wa.

No comments: