Thursday, September 30, 2010

TM #1


Last night, I was grateful for the Spirit. Why? I will tell you.

So there is a group of six or so girls in our ward that have their mission calls. Who knows how many more are planning to go! So since we are all in a weird feeling place, I decided to get us all together once a week to talk, laugh, answer each others' questions, and just have fun. Well, we all decided that we should do a mission prep lesson when we get together too. Since we were at my house, I volunteered myself to teach chapter one: Our Purpose.
I had the chance to plan this lesson for two weeks. My planning really didn't turn out...how I wanted it to be. I was freaking out. How am I supposed to teach these girls about the purpose of missionary work when
A) I had not planned the lesson to the par I wanted to
B) I have never served a mission

Thank goodness for my good friend, the RM of the group, and the Holy Spirit to help me figure out what to say. The girls participated so well and it was very, very rewarding for all of us. I loved it! Cassie and I acted like we were companions teaching a lesson and knew when the other needed to speak. Ah, it felt like a true lesson. So fantastic!

I seriously love those girls so much. They are so great and amazing at all they do. I am so grateful to have their friendship. I am a lucky, lucky girl when it comes to that.

So yeah, first update was simple.
Churchy?
Of course.
True?
You betcha.

It never ceases to amaze me when the Spirit truly guides to someone or something, provides revelation or comfort to you, or just be a constant companion. Love that third member.

So there you go. First Tender Mercy post. Hope you all enjoyed. If any of you want to comment on what tender mercies you saw in your life, please do. That could be a pretty cool experiment. I love you all and wish a beautiful day upon you.
Cheers.
Ch.Wa.

1 comment:

Tys-Price said...

Love it. You're great! :)