Sunday, September 26, 2010

Welcome Welcome, Sabbath Morning

Hello Sabbath Morning!

Gotta love the peace you feel on this day.

So since I have last posted, I was working at the Bookstore. Now with this post, I am now NOT working at the bookstore. I had to quit my job there since I am no longer a student this semester. Fun times, right? Eh, not really. I had some great friendships there and a lot of fun working there, but everything happens for a reason.

It was very quick, the quitting process. I was just told that this week was to be my last week. I told a few people, we talked about it, and then I was out the door. I really don't even know if the main manager of the store even knows I left, ha. All is well though. I had a good year there and I actually do miss it.

I am now 21.

It really didn't hit me until two days after the fact. I was talking to someone before church and I made the comment of "Well yeah, I am only twenty....ONE." I flipped out. It was a surprise to me, and apparently to everyone else. So there you go, everyone. I am a legal eagle.

So I honestly feel like I have been invisible for the past two weeks.

This is legit, people.

This last week, was better though. Probably only because I was supposed to enter the MTC on Wednesday. I have never been so stressed for a day before in my life, it seems like. I have never prayed so hard that I will be OK on some random date...or so it would seem to everyone else. On my birthday, though, I received a quaint fortune in the chosen cookie that read:

"You will be able to handle whatever comes your way this week."

Thank you Lord for answering my prayers in a fortune cookie. Seriously, I was meant to open that cookie, or the other one, because my friend's read "When one door opens, another closes."

There you go.
Love it when prayers are answered in the most bizarre and benign seeming ways.

So I knew that I would be able to handle whatever Wednesday brought to me, even if I didn't want to handle it.

Therapy also helped that conformation, ha.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. I have never felt so much support from friends and family around me. I woke up to a few texts telling me that the day would go well and if I needed anything, they would be there for me. My mom and I went and did sealings in the Logan Temple. Everyone couldn't get over our last name. They also couldn't get over the fact that I was supposed to serve that day.

We then both accidentally swore outside of the temple. That was fun. Then we had soup and salad at the Olive Garden, saw four horribly parked cars, then goofed off in TJ MAXX. Yes, I am most DEFINITELY my mother's daughter. It was a great day, really. I really don't remember the rest of it, which is totally fine.

The rest of the week has been sort of...hard, I guess.
I was so worried about the day of that I totally forgot that there are days after the fact. It doesn't help the fact that my medication is not working well at all. So I did what I could only think of doing.

I got to work.

Now I remember what I did on Wednesday night. I went up to Morgan and helped my aunt and uncle with watching their kids while they were away. It was a lot of fun to hang out with the little ones. I seriously love those kids so much. We ate pizza, watched a movie, worked on homework, crocheted, and then went to bed. Great night.

So Thursday, I started applying for jobs after I left Morgan. I ran some errands with a good friend, then went back up to get the oldest one to go to baptisms for the dead. It was her first time going and boy, was it a great experience! She loved it so much, and it was much needed for me. It was so great to be able to share that experience with her.

I love the temple. Tender mercy to have one nearby. Even more of a tender mercy to have that desire to serve.

So Friday, I printed some resumes, got a cute little profesh outfit on, and left to hunt down jobs. I applied at Starbucks and I wanted to stop by Dillards to see if they were hiring. So I went up, saw my friend working there, and applied. Thank goodness my friend and I like each other so I could get a good word from her, ha. After that, I decided to do a quick run and hit the temple up. One of the temple workers looked like Meryl Streep. Gorgeous lady.

When I went to my car to look at my phone, I had two voicemails. One was from the mother asking if I took the mail already.

I didn't.

The next was from a lady in Dillards wanted to make an interview appointment with me. This was thirty minutes after I went in and applied. Thank you Lord for tender mercies!!!!!

So I called her back, and set up an appointment with her on Saturday--the next day. How does that even happen, I ask you!? It was just a crazy, feel-good moment for my day.

Yesterday I had the interview. Paula was a great lady to interview with. She liked me and I liked her. So guess what that gets you.

A Second Interview on Monday!

This cat will be in the bag soon, hopefully.

After that, I went home, did a million loads (ok, like three) of laundry, watched a crazy series, and then got ready for the General Relief Society Meeting. I pretty much was holding back tears through the whole thing.
The opening hymn was "Count Your Blessings" which fit perfectly well with me.

Sister Beck spoke:
-->We need to remember our history of Relief Society (Reminds anyone of Alma 5?)
-->Our faithfulness and service is a sign of our conversion.
-->Relief Society helps and prepares us for the blessings of eternity.

Sister Allred spoke:
-->We must have a knowledge that God is a God of Love.
-->Heavenly Father's plan of redemption is for all.
-->The Lord relys on our willingness to help and serve Him.
-->Prayer, scripture study, obedience, and service will build our faith in the Lord.

Sister Thompson spoke:
-->Jude 1:22 "And some have compassion, making a difference."
-->Visiting Teaching gives women a chance to show their love and compassion for their sisters.
-->We need to pray for our sisters that we visit teach.

President Monson spoke:
-->Are we looking through a window that needs cleaning?
-->You can never get the full picture of someoine from their outside appearence.
-->Mother Theresa "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
-->Charity is love in action.

Loved it all. So great to hear from strong women who are helping lead the Church to others. It is always great to hear and see the prophet. I cannot wait for conference in a week! It is one of my most favorite times during the year. We are so blessed to know of the restoration of the Lord's Church. I am always put in awe about it.

One last thing before closing. My friend gave this video to me, and I challenge (the missionary is coming out now) all of you to watch it and also to read the talk it comes from, titled
"The Infinite Power of Hope"
It's a keeper and there are amazing scriptures scattered in it.

I hope all is well with all of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you all so much and have a great sabbath!






Cheers.
Ch.Wa.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh Chelsea...the tender mercies of the Lord. You know you take part in that too. Your post with its RS Conf. recap and message of hope are beautiful! Thank you.