Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blood Bank

Mmk. So I wrote my last post on a Tuesday. Today is Thursday.

Now that I have my bearings, I can start typing the life of me. So yesterday was Wednesday. We were completely out of milk in the morning, so I knew that I had to go to the grocery store. You see, Mondays are the days I like to go to the store, but since it was a holiday and I had a dinner reservation with myself, I could not have been able to go to the store. So the girls had to have water in the morning, which was kind of depressing, but alright in the same.

I am having a hard time remembering what I did yesterday. Forgive the blank details right now.

Right, so I went to the store. I wanted to go to the store near Port Chester, but they don't have any cut up watermelon, so I went to the local A&P. I got a really close parking spot, so that made my day. I do like going to that store because the workers are very friendly and I feel like I am a little ray of sunshine to their New York lives. I am always extra nice and smile a little longer when I am working with my consumer skills. The guy at the deli was hilarious and even gave me a free sample of the meat I was buying. The cashier and I started up a conversation about Dora soup and how Maddie won't eat any other soup but that. It was a good day there.

After grocery shopping, I watched an episode of Arrested Development. I love that show so much. So brilliant. Too bad its glory was not long on television. I just sit in my bed, laughing hysterically. It is my escape from reality.

I picked up the girls, Stephanie watched Maddie, and we all hung out until a quarter 'till, then it was off to tennis. While the girls were at tennis, Maddie and I had some lovely conversations. I asked her if she loved me, could we get married. She said that was gross and that she isn't old enough to "get in love." I asked her when is the right age, which she answered with "my mom's age." We went back and forth, which was extremely entertaining for Stephanie and me. Then it was off to pick up the girls once again. Overall, Wed. was a great day.

Today is Thursday. I know my days quite well. We were all ready at 8:35, but Kayla wanted to show me some bat mitzvah cards, so we got into the car at 8:39. Not to worry though, we were only a minute off schedule to her school. Maddie and I then went to her school, sang the vaseline song by the Flaming Lips, and I took her into school. I would be back sooner than I thought though, because I forgot to give her her snow clothes. Silly me.

I donated blood today. I got on the New York donation site, saw one that was today in White Plains, then went there. It was great to donate blood. The guy who did my paperwork saw my Utah license. He was the first person to ask if I am a mormon. I proudly told him that I am. It was great! He then asked if the state was fifty percent LDS. I told him it is more around ninety, and he was amazed. He was a really nice guy.
I then went to my blood taker, which she harrassed me by saying it was her first day. It really wasn't. She was a lot of fun though. It pinched, then the pain subsided. I stopped bleeding before the bag was almost full, but not to worry, they just moved the needle a bit, then I filled the bag. I felt alright, not great, when I stood up, so I had to lay back down in a comfy chair, with a nice heater next to me, and I had an apple juice. Man, it was great feeling like I was five. I just wanted to fall asleep. They would have probably thought I had passed out though, so I stayed awake.

It was sad to donate blood without my dad. I thought of him the whole time though, and how we went for my first time together. Overall, bloodletting was a great experience. I got juice and cookies!

I drove a bit, got some gas, and went to a bagel shop to get a grilled cheese bagel. Blah, blah, blah, and I went home. I picked up the girls, drove some more to misc. places (Casa D' Italia, Olivia's school, Ingrid's home, etc) then came home to the girls sledding in the yard. It was great to see. We then had mismatched meals, played some hide-and-seek with me screaming bloody murder right when Jeannie got home, finished the first season of Arrested Development, and I am now typing away.

I am too tired to be "enjoyable" on the blog. I hope something was fun from this. Today was a good day though. I love and miss you all.
Cheers.
Ch.Wa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelsea,
Such a brave girl to go blood letting alone. Count that as your good deed for the day. Miss you and love you. Have a great time in the city this weekend with Dave & Emily. Remember you're the best!!
Love always,
Mama Mia xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

chelsea, I found it enjoyable! :) glad to see you are loving life and doing well. oh PS this is Shalyse from the sixth grade.

LOVE YOU