Sunday, January 11, 2009

Born Into a Light

Happy Sabbath! Today, I went to church for the first time in a month. It was great. I am a sucker for some scripture speaking. I haven't been for about a month, so it was nice to go once again. My church starts at two, which is the worst time ever. It is also about a thirtyish minute drive into Connecticut, where it is located. The drive was so beautiful. It is like the Lord made a special day because it is Sunday. The trees lining the highway were lightly covered in snow, with the clear, light sky behind them. It was so scenic and so serene that I wish I could have just pulled over and take pictures all day. I love the trees here so much. It is just so amazingly gorgeous.
I got to the church with no problems. It is a huge building, which weirds me out for some reason. The service was good. I introduced myself to the bishopbric and a few people, then tried, unsuccessfully, to look attentive and not fall asleep in sunday school and relief society. Pretty much all the girls in the ward are nannies, which is a good thing and a bad thing.
Good thing:
We are all in the same boat. A good support system.
Bad thing:
It is a lot of people from Utah.

Hey, it will all be good though. I am just a whiner. I want to meet people from the area, who have grown up here, not some aliens like myself. I am excited for the new little family that I will make.

Speaking of little families, Megan and Ben our having their first child today. Congrats to you both! I am way excited to see the little girl.

I think I am off for the night with homework, music, and planning my week. I am excited for my first week alone! It is going to be great. Hit me up with some words and I will try to make my life interesting so I can write more. Peace Out.
Ch.Wa.

No comments: