Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Temptation of Adam

Yesterday was Martin Luther King day.




Sadly, I thought it was President's Day. I wished many a happy day for our presidents, when in fact, signs of MLK were everywhere to me. Funny but sad at the same time.

Since Jeannie and the girls had the day off, I had to fend for myself with a day off. It was nice. I woke up at ten thirtyish, sat in bed for a half and hour, and got ready to be out of the house at noon. I needed to go buy some blank cds so that I would be able to share the joy of my music to all. So it was off to White Plains for me once again.

For some reason, I always migrate to White Plains. It is a really nice area, has all the shopping needs for me, and I can get misc. chores done while I am there. So this is my shout out for White Plains: You rock!

I jumped in my jeep, headed out on Mameranack Ave, and arrived safely to the City Center Plaza. City Center is very interesting. It is made of, geez, I think four floors, with stores like Circuit City, Barnes and Noble, Nordstrom Rack, Target, and a handful of restaurants and a movie theatre added to the mixture. It is so different from what we have back home. I mean, the Target is in the underground. Weird indeed.

Anyways, So Circuit City is going out of business everywhere. I always want to cry whenever a business fails, especially if it is a locally owned one. It just breaks my heart to see someones dream fail. It is weird, but I just feel so much for them. But whenever a business goes under, there are some fantastic sales. So I bought a couple of television seasons (Arrested Development and Flight of the Conchords), a couple of cds, blank CD-Rs, a cassette adapter for the jeep, and I think that is it. The poor girl that was in the checkout was the only one working while her managers just chatted away on their phones. She was so stressed and people were being mean. I wanted to shout at everyone and say "Can't you see she is trying her best?! Leave her alone!" Sadly, I didn't do that though. I just waited patiently.

I left right after CC for the fear of spending more money. I was hoping my trip would last forever long so I could just go from there to New Caanan for Family Home Evening. So, I did what any music/driving lover would do. I put in my ipod and drove.
And drove.

Driving.
Oh, I passed a town.
Driving.

I have to pee.

A cemetery! I drive around for a half an hour, taking pictures, listening to music. It was beautiful. Old and new stones, both intricately designed.
Three towns in!
Where am I?

Driving.

I went through all of Westchester, I believe. A couple hours later, I wound up in Scarsdale. There is supposedly a family ward in this area. I wander a bit in here until my bladder could not handle any more of this nonsense. Thankfully, at that precise moment, I came upon a little shopping district. Perfection! I went into a diner, which was closing right then, and I used their restroom. I then wandered around, looking at the shops in the beautiful snow. My goodness, it has snowed like crazy since I have been here. It is so beautiful though. I actually don't mind it, which is strange for me. It falls so softly, clinging to the trees. It is just so beautiful here.

While wandering around, I saw this festive boutique. It caught my eye and I found myself inside. The girl there was extremely friendly, and come to find out, she also lives in Harrison. She was just so kind to me. We talked for quite a while. God is sending me angels every day. I don't think she really understands how grateful I was to talk to someone. She also thought I was twenty-two, which was great for my self-esteem, especially since last year a lady thought I was thirteen. I am growing up!

After our visit, and a pair of earrings, I found my way back into White Plains. I was hungry by then, so I decided to go to a restaurant by myself. Big, bad mistake. I went to an Italian place and had to declare to the man asking how many would be in my party, that I was the party. Sitting by myself in a huge, empty room with couples around, I felt so bitterly lonely. It was a horrid feeling in my gut, sitting there, facing the world as just myself. I ate quickly and quietly that night, leaving a big tip to the waitress so she didn't think I was rude and quiet because I didn't like her. I left silently, walking quickly to target to buy wrapping paper and envelopes for present sending.

While on my way home, I found out that Family Home Evening was canceled. I was actually bummed about this because I was going to try to give my ward another chance. I don't feel that welcomed there, which does not invite the spirit whatsoever. I think I might move into a family ward. I don't need church to find friends. I need church to help me become close to Christ. I am still going to give my singles ward a try, and I am going in with a positive attitude, but If it won't work out, then I am not staying.

When I made it home, I wrapped Jake's birthday presents, burned cds, and talked to Ashlee on the phone. She listened to me and comforted me. I have just never felt so lonely in my life before until last night. Sitting there, all alone, ordering for one was so depressing. I just need some good human contact soon. I am lucky to have a friend like her. She is another angel God sent to me. I am one blessed girl in Harrison.

Today was better though. Maddie had dance today and Kayla had Tae Kwon Do. I love my girls so much. They were all so excited about Obama being sworn in. It was great. History is being made. I feel like I am part of something new. It is exciting to see what will happen, good and bad. Change is hard to handle, but it is good to have.
Oh, my phone is messed up, by the way, so please no one try to call me. I did not know magnets have a bad affect on phones, and I was messing around with the turning tab on my phone with one. Well, now my phone decides when it wants to turn off and on and when to vibrate. So hopefully that will be better in the morn. I love you all and wish you a great night. I am blessed and loved. I love you all. Life is good.

Cheers.
Ch.Wa.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bonjour Chelsea Waterfall,
I facebook creeped and found this blog of yours. You inspired me to make my own! :)
Peace & Love,
Amy Williams From Your Wicked Cool Aerobics Class