Friday, January 16, 2009

Week Numero Dos

Hello all from New York!

This was my first week on my own. It has been quite an adventure. It has had some ups and downs, but overall, I have enjoyed it very much. So I will tell all that has happened through the days.




Monday:




Maddie wasn't feeling too well, so she only went to school for half the day. I got the wash done, picked up, picked her up from school, and spent time with all the girls. Kayla, Maddie, and I made some dinner. They were great helpers in dinner and They told me how much they enjoyed it. Monday was a great, great first day. I had fun, the girls had fun.






Tuesday:


Maddie had ballet and it was parent observation day. She wasn't having too good of a day, so she was extremely surprised to see her momma waiting for her in the lobby of ballet. She is a great dancer and it was hilariously fun to watch the perserverance of her poor teacher with eight little four year olds. Olivia and I went to go get her gardisal shot, which she did a great job of handling it. Later on, Kayla had Tai Kwon Do and after she was done, we both went to Dunkin' Donuts for a treat. She was amazed that that was my first time ever having a donut from there. The things that surprise them of me.




Wednesday:






Today, I went to Barnes and Noble to return Olivia's copy of Breaking Dawn, because Mitch forgot that he bought it for her for Haunakkah. I enjoyed my stay in that store, and I thought of sweet little Marz there and wishing we could share a moment together. I then went to Target to buy some groceries, shampoo, conditioner, and I was one frazzled mess. The grocer who checked me out even asked if I were alright. It was hilarious I am sure because I was zoning out with my mouth open at the check out. After picking Maddie up from school, we flew paper airplanes in the parking lot of her school. It was so much fun and she made a very nice paper plane. She is just too adorable. I also bought her the book Olivia and she loved it. The tennis situation worked out better this week, with Stephanie driving Kayla to her tennis and with me driving Liv to hers in Rye. I got lost coming home though, so that was even more eventful. I cooked a meal and I don't think the girls liked it. Honestly, I didn't care. I was pooped at that point.



Thursday:

Maddie was sick! she had a fever, cold, cough, and sore throat. The poor baby! I felt so for her. So we just watched t.v. on my bed while coloring pictures for my friends to mail to them. Unfortunately, all her germs were on my bed and I woke up today (Friday) with a sore throat and my head full. Oh well, the price of love, right? I have enjoyed taking care of her though. We really did have a great day, even though she was miserable. We watched Noggin all day, played chutes and ladders, ate snacks (she kept on asking for something healthy to eat. Adorable!), watched more t.v., cuddled, colored, and napped. It was great, actually. Ingrid, the cleaning lady, was in and she was telling me all of her marital problems. It was sad really, especially because I have no clue what to say or do. We ordered chinese, which was delish, and while picking Kayla up from a friend's house, I accidently ran the beast into their mailbox, and scratched the backside of the car. I feel so stupid and humiliated. I mean, it was my first week, and I already screwed up. Oh well, I should stop beating mysef up, right? I actually did some homework yesterday too. Go me.

Friday:


Maddie, and I, are both sick today. So more Noggin for us on my bed. She is actually sitting at my desk right now, playing with my buddah and elephant. She now just locked the car. What a champ. I love my baby girl. Kayla has skating tonight, so she won't be home until five o' clock, and Olivia will be at a friend's after school. So it is just Maddie and me today. It almost sounds like Marley and Me, but I promise that she won't die of old age at the end of the day. Today will be a better day I believe. I just have hope today and I hope that they know I feel so stupid and sorry about the car. Tonight is more homework and tomorrow is a trip to the city to see Spring Awakening. I am so excited to see it! It is sad though that Ang won't be there with me to see it. I miss my family right now, actually, which surprises me (no offense mom and dad.) Oh well, All will be well. I am holding my head hi and still being a loving person. So overall, my first week alone went extremely well. I have laundry to do and cuddling for a little girl. I hope all is going well for everyone else, and I love and miss you all.
Cheers!
Ch.Wa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea,
You are the best!! I love hearing how you love the girls. They are little dolls. Have fun in the BIG
APPLE wish I was going with you.
Love you lots.......
Mom