Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time to Pretend.


Hello from New York! December went by so fast, I really don't know where the time went. The goodbyes were hard, but being here is actually easy in the emotion department. So to update ya'll, I will start writing on my blog.
I flew in on Sunday, which was one of the LONGEST days in my life. So I had a little shindig at my home to say bye to friends and I ended up staying up until two-ish. That would not have been a problem if my flight weren't at FOUR IN THE MORNING. So pretty much I did not sleep. The drive to the airport was fine, just Mom, Dad, Ang, and I. My mom broke down and surprisingly I did not cry. I was also surprised of how friendly the airport workers were at six in the A.M. They were joking and smiling and that was just great.
So from SLC, I flew to Long Beach, CA to catch my flight to the NYC. Flying over Utah was really weird. I just sat there and stared out the window, looking at those beautiful mountains with the sun rising over them. It was the most beautiful sight to see. I love Utah with all my heart and for a minute there, I really wanted to get off the plane and just go home. It was a really weird experience/feeling that I have never had before. The flight was beautiful to Long Beach with the coastline in my view. It was probably one of my favorite things I have seen.
Long Beach is oooone tiny airport. It is like a trailer home with planes. You just walk off the plane and go to either terminal
1
2
3
or 4.
Great place.
So that was a five and a half hour flight with a window seat and extra leg room. It was luxury. I then thought I saw whales in a New York bay. I hope I did because I feel really stupid telling people that, especially if they really weren't whales. Who knows. I was greeted with the beautiful skyline and the sun setting. Really was one great flight.
Jeannie, Mitch, Kayla, and Maddie came to pick me up from the airport. They are such a fun family and we were all getting along great. We came home (weird thing to say) and I had to start unpacking. That is one hard task to do when you have just two hours of sleep in you and you have spent AT LEAST eight hours in a plane. It took a while. Maddie helped me a great deal though, putting pictures in the room and hanging up my clothes. Loved it.
Yesterday seemed like it was a week of things. It was great! We dropped Kayla off to school and Maddie got to spend all day with us because the basement in her school flooded. I opened a bank account and I think my friendliness to the guy helping me made him think that I was interested in him. He is from Ukraine and likes snowboarding. Yeah, I have no clue how those topics came into the subject. We then ran errands, ate lunch, drove more, errands, picked up Kayla, I drove the beast (a HUGE infiniti SUV) and stayed up 'till two talking on the phone to Ashlee and Jake. Oh, and the bachelor? Great show, but no one was as drunk as I wanted them to be.
So today has been good. I got the girls ready today, didn't have to shower (I didn't have time either to shower but I look amazingly great), drove a bit, got stuck in the driveway, hit Treeresa, went to Sleepy Hollow with Kate, saw a huge mall, listened to MGMT, and we are about to pick up Maddie from school.
Life is good. I love it here. I am always hungry though. I don't know what is up with that.
Send food?
Nah, just send some love.

With Love,
Chwa.

4 comments:

Laundry said...

still jel. haha. I'm glad you are having fun.

Jamzey said...

Chelsea I'm glad that you are loving it there. Thanks for writing on your blog I love reading from it:D

Lizbeth said...

Im excited to keep up to date with all your biznass! I hope everything is wonderful for you dearest. Love you!

Anonymous said...

You are such a great writer. I love you and miss you always.