Sunday, April 24, 2011

While Away


this is an
excerpt from a previous post that was not published...Written on April 14,2011.

I really, really, REALLY have a hard time updating and keeping up to writing once a day.
I will keep on trying my best.

Day 11: Something You Hate

I am quite a temperamental person, so I m
ay hate a lot of things. No, not hate. I get annoyed by a lot of things. So what are some things that annoy me? Well, let me tell you
  • Loud chewers
  • Nail pickers (and biting your nails doesn't count because I would then be annoyed by myself)
  • People who slow down but don't get into the median when they are about to turn
  • Snapping to music that should not be snapped to
  • The television being extremely loud during commercials
  • Utahns
  • Provo drivers
  • People who interrupt a conversation and start talking about whatever they want to
  • My kids telling me that they have no homework when I know that they do
  • Pretty much anything that deals with driving (I am more than positive that I make driving a miserable experience for everyone else on the road too)
There are a ton more things that annoy me
but I am in a "nice" mood, apparently.

Now on to the next day

Day 12: Something You Love

Now I know the previous day (pretend that it was a different post, not the few paragraphs that are above this "day") I listed things that annoy me. Yes, I admit that a TON of things annoy me. That is just how I run. I am *slightly* getting better at letting things slide and ignoring them, but it is still a huge work in progress.

Now today, I get to talk about things I love. Now, I could put something I love, but that would take too much mind power to choose just one thing, so I will make a list once more
  • My family (no brainer)
  • The gospel (another no brainer)
  • My AMAZING friends
  • Working with 4H and Program C.A.R.E.
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Harry Potter
  • Music
  • Del Taco chicken tacos (A sad farewell I had with them pledging myself to be veg.)
  • A good book
  • Really witty people
  • Birds
  • (Post ended after Birds)
This is an excerpt of a previous post that was not published...on April 24, 2011

Oh hello.

Apparently, I cannot update my blog every day. I tried really, really, really hard, but as many people have told me...

Trying is doing nothing.

Now, don't get me wrong. Trying something new is something good. But saying that you are trying to do something is--a lot of times--meaning you aren't doing anything about it. For example:

My dad wants me to do something. I know that I need to do something. Do I do it though? Nah, I just say that I will try to do it. It saves me the at moment of not doing anything. So in a way, I won that fight by not doing anything.

Yeah, that probably didn't make any sense. But people tell me to just decide to do something than just saying that I will "try" to do something. Yes, there are more people than my dad that tell me to stop saying that.

Ok, it might just be another person. But still, two or more things make a plural....grouping.

So I am still trying to decide if I want to finish all that boasting stuff. I mean, I do have some GREAT things to say about myself (I know you are all dying to hear what my biggest insecurity is) but I don't know if I want to do the work. I mean, it all seems easy to do, but I want to sound so cool and all word powerful. So I may or may not keep on doing it.

But really, I will be doing my favorite band day. That one is the best one
End of post.

This is the newpost...Published May 11, 2011

Hello hello! I am back by popular demand. I know that you all have been weeping into your pillows, crying outinto the night,

"Why oh WHY won't Chelsea update her blog?! I need it so desperately right now!!!"

Oh I know how you people think. Don't try to cover it up. Babies...
No, really though, I am quite positive that the previous scene that I described did not happen in anyone's lives. IF by chance it did, you are now my best friend and my best enemy. Congrats.

No, but really, I don't know why I haven't updated at all. Ok, I do know why. It is because I am lazy. I let the natural man take control over my blogging life. So this is my my moment of repentance to the blogging world. Look at me go.

But really, I have been a little busy with work and pretending I have a social life, so it is really hard to fit this in. But really, the main reason is that I am lazy. So let's make amends together about this.

I just looked at the other days of that challenge thing (trust me, it was a challenge) and none of the questions are THAT great. So I will just update about my life instead. Since April, nothing really has changed that much. I had to work at Church Headquarters and I got stuck in some freak security thing. That was pretty cool.

I guess that is it. FALSE! No, but that was the first thing that came to mind. Really though, life has been pretty chill. I have been working, like always, and just trying to live life up to the fullest. My 4-H job ends on May 20th, so that is a little sad to realize. I really hate endings to good things. I mean, I love that job. I love thekids. I love my coworkers. It has been the BEST job ever. I just don't want to say goodbye to my kiddos. They are something awesome, I can tell you that. Plus, I don't have anyone else that I can harass and tease every day. But really, it will be a pretty sad day.

My best friend, Mikelle, got married on April 29th (yes, her wedding was the royal wedding.) That was fun to see her get married. It was a beautiful ceremony, she was gorgeous, and it was great fun to help with the reception and goof off.

So yes, there is that. Oh, so my friend, Stephanie, and I went to an ABBA tribute band that played with the Utah Symphony.
So.Much.Fun.

We were smack dab in the middle of theaudience surrounded by old people. ABBA makes you kind of want to dance. Well, when you are in the middle of old people, it is probably not the best choice to stand up and start dancing. So we did some awesome seat dancing until one of the singers told everyone to stand up. When he said that, we practically fell over ourselves because we jumped up too fast. So much fun. After that, we decided to be creepers and meet the tribute band after the concert. So there we were, hiding in a dark corner in the back of Abravanal Hall painting our fingernails. The people were super cool, from Stockholm, and we made their night by waiting out for them. We then went to Village Inn for breakfast and talked for four hours. Great night.

I finished The Return of the King. You may laugh and think, "Oh Chelsea, you just finished Lord of the Rings. That is something that is not worthy of being in your blog." I tell you that you are speaking ill words saying that. I LOVE LOTR. It was so great to read it. I loved every minute of it. Now I am reading The Silmarillion so I will be a Tolkien master for a little while. It is just so great.

Cinco de Mayo happened. We hada huge fiesta at work. I wore a sombrero all day. It was great.

I went down to Provo this last weekend to see Cami and Chanel. It was great. Pretty much all we did was eat food and make friendship bracelets. It is always great to see them. I have some great friends in my life--them included.

On Mother's Day, I was washing dishes and I cut my finger on a knife. That was pretty painful.

Monday, Steph and I went to a concert in SLC. We saw "Of Montreal." Craziest concert ever. The more I think about it, it would have been a great concert to trip to. There were a million colors, gay rights activists in the songs, people dressed up as pigs, confetti, a rapping Asian, and glitter. Pretty much it sounds like one of the clubs that the SNL character, Stefan, talks about. It was just out of control. So much fun though.

So yeah, I guess that is a really condensed version of everything that has gone on. Really, life is pretty mellow. I am just enjoying the ride. I think some big things are going to be happening soon. As it is said in LOTR alot, the winds are changing. Something is going to happen. So yeah, I will keep on updating (hopefully) more often. There will be some good stories I am sure of it. There you go.

Cheers.
Ch.Wa.




2 comments:

Meg said...

Hi Chels- This post made me laugh! I can just see you getting bugged and it made me smile!!! I miss you. Move to Oregon and you will 'not like' Oregonians too, and their driving...for SURE the driving!!! Oh, don't get me started.
I was wanting to ask where you get all the questions to post about...I quite like them.
Love you Chels, so much =)

Cami said...

Glad our friendship bracelet making extravaganzee made it into this post. Best day ever. And I am jealous that you are a Tolkien master. LOTR marathon soon? Yes please.